Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bedlamites in the Garden of Weeden

We watched General Conference today and one of the speakers spoke of sometimes parents are trying hard to teach their children the gospel and their children are causing all kind of bedlam. He then commented that it was worth it doing these important things (like daily family scripture study, family prayer, etc) even in the midst of Bedlamites. I loved it. Sometimes that is how it feels, like I am swimming upsteam and all my children are just going in the opposite direction because they don't yet know the importance of such activities in our home. That doesn't mean I should give up, just smile, remind myself they are being Bedlamites, and keep on lovin' away.

At the moment all these thoughts were running through my head, I glance over at Jeff and see him chuckling and nodding his head. I am not alone. There are two of us against the Bedlamites, we just might be successful yet.

2 comments:

Danika said...

Bedlamites is the new Mormon buzzword! That's what our children are now referring to. And we are DEFINITELY enrolled in Parenting 505! :)

sara said...

Ha! Yeah, as soon as that was said, Zoe turned to me and said, "What's a bedlamite?" and I said, "YOU!!" We had a good chuckle around here too :)