Sunday, April 14, 2013

I have achieved my ultimate plan...(Andrew)

...I only need to get 3 million more of these X-wing fighters and I can take over the world!

Mom (sitting in the front seat driving the car out of the Hobby Lobby parking lot) - So should I start saving more 40% off coupons for you?

Andrew - When I get home I can have my ice cream and sit down and start working on this model.

Mom - Uh...do you know what time it is?  It was 7:40 when we left.  Your bedtime is 8:00 dude.

Andrew - Lady put the pedal to the metal!

Mom (laughing and to herself) You are quite a character.  (Then I get flashes of my childhood memories.  Our pediatrician walking into the room and asking me a question to which I reply very matter-of-factly, but in a very untypical humorous way, and he chuckles, shaking his head saying to my mother, "She's a character, isn't she?"  My mom agrees.  Fast forward to being in the counseling office in high school preparing applications for college.  The guidance counselor asks me to describe myself so I respond that, "I am a character."  She gives me an odd look and politely asks me if I understand what that means.

Back in the car in Arizona, Andrew - I would appreciate it if you could make sure you are going the speed limit or slightly above it.


Side note - When I relayed this conversation to my husband, he smiled and commented, Andrew sure got his sense of humor from you.

No comments: