Sunday, February 15, 2009

Good news! Good news!!


Well, we have known that I have been pregnant for about 4 weeks, what we did not know (although our kids tried to tell us) that we were having TWINS. Wow, still doesn't seem real, but we have the pictures to prove it.

When I found out I was pregnant I asked Andrew, do you want a little sister or brother? He replied, twins - a little sister and little brother. He then went on to explain that way we could get two cribs and put one in the boys room and one in the girls room. I explained that with twins you leave them in the same crib (they get use to being with each other after 9 months). Then he decided he would go for a boy. I asked him what we should call the baby if it was a boy or girl. He responded if it is a boy, Coltrane (one of his friends at school) and if it is a girl, MaggieMae. I reminded him that we already have a sister named MaggieMae. He said, "Yes, but I love her so much"(I guess that means that he needs two of her).

Several hours later I asked AnnaLisa "When mommy has a baby again, should I have a boy or a girl?" Her response, "I think you should have twins - a boy and a girl".

WHAT!?!?! Is what I though, but then I said what should we name them? She responded, "Rosie for a girl".

JJ said that he only wanted a brother and that we should name him Andrew.

When we had the ultrasound on Thursday to verify due date, we were really surprised. It was totally obvious on the picture, but it did not click until she told us that our kids were right (I had told her that our kids told us that we were having twins). Jeff and I just continued to say, "Wow" and spontaneously break out in laughing (that was me, not Jeff).

My parents happened to be visiting so when we got home we casually said, would you like to see the ultrasound? We showed it to my mom who looked at it, her eyes got big and then she said, "I am not sure what I am seeing". Jeff smiled and said, "yep, that is twins." We "skyped" Jeff's parents in the Ukraine on Saturday morning and told them. They were shocked and excited as well.

We are still in a whirlwind of thoughts and implications (We need a bigger car, bigger house, etc). I had great difficulty going to sleep Thursday night. I am hoping to hook up with someone who knows a bit more about twins and is real down to earth (because we all know how I am). Any takers? Sara?

4 comments:

sara said...

Oh my gosh Kristina!! I'm so glad I checked the blogs before church today!!! Your experience sounds just like mine; I found out at my first appointment that they were twins... I had been SO much more tired & etc. than any other pregnancy and I was glad to find out there was a reason for it. How have you been feeling??

We had the same reaction -- a little shock but excitement, and the reality of needing a bigger car & etc. You are an amazing woman! What can I do for you? Ask me anything!! My sister's sister-in-law just had twins and I gave her some of my "twins stuff" otherwise I'd give it to you..

Anyway I'm so excited for you; twins are the BEST thing ever! See you at church!

Tina said...

Braa ha ha! That is awesome. The year of the twins. Tina and I (Josh) read your post together and I said that we are skipping this year for getting pregnant. Baby steps...pardon the pun! ;) Let me give you some twin advice, being a twin myself. Eventhough my advice never goes heeded, here it is: don't dress the kids in matching clothes. Twins like to have their own identity. Moms think it's cute (it's not). Congratulations though! We are happy for you guys! Much love, Josh

Kristina said...

Josh,
It is funny that you say that about dressing the babies the same, we have already had aunts and such tell us about the cute matching outfits they will get.

I think that there will be a few "matching outfits" but I expect that in general there will not be. We are honestly expecting a boy and girl (because that was what our kids told us, and they've been right so far).

Thanks for the input!

Kristina said...

Sara,
I sent you an email last night with questions. I thought you'd be willing to help me navigate this a bit.

I agree with the tired thing. I am relieved to have it applied to something. They told me my iron levels were great, so I was starting to wonder if there was another reason.