Sunday, February 1, 2009

Dunkin' Donuts Mom!


Well, Friday night I told the boys that we would have scrambled eggs, sausage, and donuts (my mind told me there were still some frozen from last time). The boys were excited. When they got up they asked what was for breakfast and I reported Monkeys, Elephants, and Frog toes. They though that was fun. Good ole AnnaLisa replied, "Oh that is my favorite". I then reminded the kids that I had said, "Scrambled eggs, sausage, and ..." "Dunkin' Donuts" they replied.

AnnaLisa, JJ, and I left to go to the store (because the freezer was bare of any donuts). We got there and found our favorites - Boston Cream, Chocolate Glazed, Blueberry, and Rainbow Sprinkles. We got back home and had a nice breakfast with the family. I mentioned something to the kids about donuts and Andrew corrected me, "they are Dunkin' Donuts, not donuts." Oh, my - how could I have made such a mistake?

And to my brothers who might be tempted by this post, just remember if you don't have a Dunkin' Donuts by where you live, move to GIlbert, we have two!

For those who don't know our family history, we grew up back East and Dunkin' Donuts were very popular back there. It was something that my parents would spring for if we helped with the morning paper route (my mom's route had many, many customers think several hundred). Mom would offer a donut for us to get up at 3:30ish and go with her to help fold and deliver them. When I was in high school my Dad joined my mom on this effort and they had around 500 papers-not donuts).

No comments: