Sunday, April 12, 2009

The little things in life


This may sound crazy, but I have been wanting new silverware for a few years. We decided we were going to get some last year and just could not find a style that we liked. Well, again this year we went searching (in January) and still nothing that we really liked. We tried one set and after the second wash it started rusting. I was very upset and we immediately returned it.

Part of the problem is that we were thrilled with the set that we currently have, but it is no longer in stock. We have been missing a few spoons and with 6 people in the house, and 8 piece set just does not go far.

Last Wednesday I was at the store and walked by the aisle that had silverware and I noticed a set that we had tried to track down but could not find in stores. Well, I guess my patience had finally dissipated, because I bought two sets on the spot. I cautiously opened the first set and we have been using it all week long and no rust so far! If we continue to have this type of success, we will open the next set at the end of the month.

As a side note, usually Jeff and I buy things together (outside of groceries and shopping for clothes for the kids). I called him up on the way home from the store and told him that I bought these and that unless they rusted we were keeping them. He was a bit shocked. Then I told him that my patience had run out on the silverware issue.

No comments: