Tuesday, September 29, 2009

..as if life were not exciting enough around here...

Well, the twins were two weeks old when Jeff rushed me the ER one day with pains that were worse than labor pains. By the time we arrived, the pain had stopped (it had been about an hour and half at that time) so we went back home. BIG MISTAKE!!! Seven hours later, the pain was back, except it was worse (truly the worst pain I have EVER been in - worse than labor pains w/o epidural). We went back into the ER and I could barely walk or breath. I was in a cold sweat and could not reduce the pain no matter what I did. I literally thought, "Wow, this much pain and I have not passed out yet."

Well, turns out I was having pain from Gallstones. I ended up deciding to have my Gall bladder out and that is what I did this last Friday. It was done as Laproscopy(?) surgery - which is where they cut an incision in your belly and insert a Co2 tube in and inflate your belly to 15 PSI. Then they cut three other 1 inch incisions and lift up your liver, clamp off a few arteries and ducts and then cut out your gall bladder. Glue you back together (skin superglue stuff) and send you home.

I can eat a lot of foods that use to cause me pain. Dairy products aren't a problem anymore. I am still recovering, unfortunately I am back to not being able to lift the twins very well. Hopefully within the next week it will get better.

No comments: