Saturday, January 30, 2010

...I finally had that conversation...


Yep, I am finally an adult now. Today my sons were munching on a bowl of chocolate chip cookie ice cream when Andrew asks, "Mom, did they have ice cream like this when you were a kid?". I laughed at the absurdity of it, and then I realized, no they didn't! So then flashes of stories about my dad walking to school uphill in the snow, blah, blah, blah just sail through my mind. I realize that I am standing on a precipice about to jump of into the land of, "when I was a kid...". And I smiled and jump. "Well, Andrew, we actually did not have cool flavors like this. We had flavors like strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate. We thought Neapolitan was really cool because you could get all three. I remember when Cookies-N-Cream was invented. I thought it was the coolest thing - cookies and ice cream! Still remains my favorite flavor today (unless you are counting Cold Stone's 'Peanut Butter Perfection' with Cheesecake ice cream).

2 comments:

Danika said...

When I saw the title of your post, I thought you meant the birds & the bees conversation and I wasn't sure how that was related to a photo of ice cream...

Kristina said...

I am not sure how those are related, but if they are, do you want to go to Cold Stone and talk about the birds and the bees?