Monday, June 4, 2012

JJism's

I have a friend who loves to hear stories about JJ.  It always gives here a good giggle.  Here is another one.

Two Sunday's ago JJ stayed in bed until a short while before 9:00 am church.  I woke him up and scooted him along as quickly as I could.  There was no time for breakfast, so I threw some cereal in a bad and grabbed a bottle of water for him.  JJ normally eats his cereal dry, so this isn't much of a change for him.  Usually our older children do not get a snack during Sacrament meeting.  It lasts a little bit longer than an hour.  JJ was enjoying the opportunity to munch away.  The sacrament is passed about 20 minutes into the service.  In our church they bring it around on plates with broken bread and then followed by trays of tiny cups of water.  JJ continued to munch away and when the water was brought.  The young man tried to pass the tray of cups to JJ but he declined holding up his bottle of water and telling him, "I brought my own".  Daddy tried to gently persuade JJ to take the blessed water, JJ being the ever stubborn pragmatist replied, "I have my own water dad!".

1 comment:

Pam said...

That is so funny! Love that boy!