Thursday, June 21, 2012

Potty training twins is more than 2 times the fun!

Our kids are mildly interested in potty training.  We are leaving for a three week vacation soon, so I have no desire to push them in this area.  I am politely supporting them and letting them sit on the potty when they want or if I happen to notice them looking like they need to go.  Rosi is not as successful as William in this area.  She seems to be enjoying he opportunity to sit with mom in the bathroom and have a chat, read a story, or just enjoy a gentle breeze on her backside.  She has an unusual stance when on the toilet.  She has unusual flexibility for a 2 year old and can do sideways splits with her legs.  This is even more comical when she is sitting on the potty, with her "splits" posture pushing her feet against the two sidewalls in that bathroom.  She will occasionally throw in her arms to make it look like she is in the trash compactor of Star Wars.  Well, she is sitting in this normal position for her and she looks down at the water (a typical past time in this position) when she takes her hand and points down.  I am thinking, "well, I did not notice she did any 'business' " but I take a look.  That is when I notice she is dipping her one finger into the water.  I ease my mind by reminding myself that it is a clean toilet that even has the bleach tablets in it.  It is about this time that I see her bring her finger up to her face and stick it in her mouth.  


"Water!", she tells me.  



No comments: