Saturday, January 31, 2009

Jesus...for Mayor?

Feb 2009
My kids for some reason have been very interested in who the Mayor is. They are still separating out Civics and Church. I had a very funny conversation with them the last week or so. AnnaLisa had asked me who our Mayor was. I told her "Mayor Berman". He was at a neighborhood activity that we went to recently and gave the kids a ride in his electric car. They have seen all the signs up for the Mayoral and town council race. I commented that while he was a nice guy, I did not think he was honest and that I was going to vote for someone else. JJ piped up, "Vote for Jesus". I had to smile because it was just so sincere. I told him Jesus was not running for mayor, but if he was, I'd vote for him.
March 2009
Well, they are having a "run-off" between the top placers for Mayor. We will be having another election in May. Jesus was not listed on there. I'd still vote for him. I think the two candidates for office are both good options, but I will need to work on it a bit more before then.

No comments: