Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Independence Square - first half

Have you seen "Despicable Me"?  Our kids love to pretend they are holding up a building, etc in a picture that is in reality just a perspective twist on taking pictures.  Jeff is "holding" the sceptere looking statue that is in actuality about 1/4 mile away.  We took pictures like this thinking the kids would think they were hysterical.  

This is a street vendor looking to make some money off of us.  I did not know what he was doing with these birds.  He had one in his hand and the other was on the ground.  He stomped right by it and it hopped up on his outstretched hand.  Then the man walked over and put them on me (without my permission) and poked Jeff and told him to take a picture.  So yes, this is mostly my initial reaction.  I got a little use to it as the next picture shows.  Jeff got pushed into the picture and the man took our camera to take this picture.  I was a little hesitant and apprehensive trying to memorize what he looked like in case he ran away with our camera (not that we have an expensive camera at all).  Then after he gave our camera back he charged us about $8.  I laughed because I realized this was what he did all day, watched for people showing interest in his birds, dumping the birds on them, taking their pictures, and then charging them after the fact.  Not a bad Capitalistic gig. 


No comments: