Saturday, March 16, 2013

sibling conversations

JJ (8 yrs old) - I wish they did not have a law about not being allowed to marry your siblings.
Mom (none of your business old) - Hmm, why JJ which sibling would you want to marry?
JJ, sheepish look on his face, smiles - Anna.
Mom - She is sure nice huh?
MM , (5 yrs old) - Yeah, she's nice.  If I could marry a girl, I would marry her.
Andrew (9 yrs old) - Well, you can't marry someone your same gender...how would you have babies?  I think I would marry _______ (girl in his class).  Mom, if you read my journal you would know I have a crush on her (giggle, giggle).
Mom - am I suppose to be reading your journal?  Do you want me to?
Andrew - Well, maybe not all the time, but you could sometimes just to make sure I am not getting into trouble.
Mom - Umm, OK.



I love seeing my kids perspective on things, and I learn a lot of things I did not know, like how I am SUPPOSE to be reading my son's journal.  Never would have guessed that one.  It is good to see some of my teachings coming out in their natural conversations.  Now if you will excuse me, evidentially I have been neglecting some juice 4th grader journal reading.

1 comment:

sara said...

That is so cute.