Friday, March 5, 2010

our favorite position

 
Rosi is suppose to be calming down and getting ready for sleep. One of her favorite things to do for this is to have mommy run her fingers through her hair. Where did I get this idea? Well, from me. One of my favorite things to have done to me for calming me down is to have fingers run through my hair and feel the gentle head massage. My mom use to do this when I was a little girl during church. My mother has beautiful fingernails (the kind people pay good money to fake) and I always loved it when she did this to me. Jeff has learned after 5 pregnancies, that this is a fantastic way to calm and soothe me. He just busted out laughing when he saw me doing this to Rosi and how calm and relaxed she was afterward.

Now that we are trying to sleep train our kids, this is one of the soothing things that works really well when she is struggling to stay awake but already lying in the crib. We are having wonderful success with this method!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: