Sunday, June 5, 2011

Belly dancing (Middle Eastern dance)

Here is a picture of my costume. You can't see the harem pants underneath, but they are the same color as the veil. I made (with some help from my mom) this costume myself. It is highly representational of the type of authentic costume worn by women in the Gaza or North African areas. Unlike Americanized belly dancing, these costumes are usually extremely modest. It is most important to have the legs covered. Covering the belly is an optional thing, but this particular area of the middle east has a full length costume.
Here is a picture of my cute 9 year old daughter with me. I adore her. She is growing up so fast. She came with Jeff to watch me in the dance show. They got to see a lot of different styles of dances that night.

I hope to be able to develop more skill in the belly dancing area of my life. I think I will have to wait until after the new year starts as I am hoping to take a Russian class this fall to help me learn and prepare for our trip to the Ukraine.

No comments: