Friday, June 26, 2009

AnnaLisa's Father's Day talk

 

AnnaLisa did a great job on her talk. We started the day before (unless you count her going to the Primary Presidency the week before to ask if she could give a talk - see previous blog) by answering the question, What do daddies do? AnnaLisa answered it and I wrote down her answers. She did a great job with comments like: (Daddies) take care of us, play with us, help with the cooking, like to be with us. I thought these were great responses, but I wanted to share with her that The Family: A Proclomation to the World also teaches us what fathers do. So we read in there (I had a well studied copy that I had underlined the different responsibilities of family members (dads, moms, and children) in different colors to make it easier to understand. Then next to each I made a bullet point list for easy reference. For Fathers I had noted: 1)Preside over the family, 2)Provide for the family and 3)they protect the family. As we read through these AnnaLisa put all of her ideas in one of the first two categories. At the end we did not have anything for the third category, so she chose to add in, "Daddy's protect us from bad guys".

We then talked a little bit about how our Heavenly Father, Father, and Grandfather (Grandpa Williams happen to be visiting that weekend) help us. She told personal comments about both Daddy and Grandpa. Then she closed with saying that while not everyone had a daddy here or right now, we all have a Heavenly Father watching over us.

I think it was a really good talk. Basic(she was sharing it with kids 3-12 years old), honest, and simple.

With the reflection of Father's Day, I am really thankful for my Father and Father-in-law. They have both been great influences in my life. I am most of all thankful to my husband Jeff who is a great father and encourages me so much to be a great mother. I sometimes feel that it does not come naturally to me, but I don't think there is a better thing for me to develop than being a good mom for my kids.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

sara said...

I sure loved it :)

Danika said...

I remember reading that she would be giving a talk. So when I read Sara's blog entry about "Daddy's protect us from bad guys!" I KNEW that was AnnaLisa she was talking about.

Lunch today was fun!