Monday, June 15, 2009

...eating Chihuahua's?

"But I don't like eating Chihuahua's" is what I hear coming across the table at dinner. I smile that smile that says, "Sure is funny, but I am a bit tired and prefer a nice smooth dinner", out loud I say "what don't you like about them?" JJ says, "I don't like olives". So we pick out the one olive that got below the radar, evidentially it was on the bottom side of the enchiladas. I guess that is what I get for trying to be a "chef" and make dinner look ascetically pleasing as well as tasting good. "There you go, no more olives on your Chihuahua." My husband makes a face at me because we don't usually reinforce our children's mistakes by using the mis-pronunciation on words, but I can't help myself sometimes and indulge in it.

I laugh to myself because although it is one more thing to work on with the kids, it is cute and makes me smile...until I hear Andrew say, "Can I have another Chihuahua?".

No comments: