Tuesday, June 16, 2009

How big can I get????

Well a couple of weeks ago I started growing out of some of my old maternity clothes. I was also getting the stretching feeling that I have had the last month of pregnancy. So curious (I know it killed the cat) I measured myself - 42 inches. Hmmm, before MaggieMae was born I topped out at 45 inches, I'll have to keep an eye on that.

The next week, measured again - 43 inches.
The following week, measured 44 inches.

Did not have the guts to measure the next week. I have put it off for 10 days. Finally tonight I was having really bad stretching pain (it feels like my inside is larger than my outside and is trying to get out). So Jeff ran and got the measuring tape and yep, 46 1/2 inches. So I guess I am increasing in rate. Don't these kids know anything about physics? You add an inch to the circumference and it dramatically increases the area. For example, bedroom measuring 10 x 10 (100 sq feet) is 21 square feet smaller than a bedroom that is 11 x 11(121 sq feet). And if you increase it to 12 x 12 (144 sq ft)? That is 44 square feet larger than a 10 x 10 room and almost 50% bigger.

Now I graduated in Fine Art (my husband was the math minor) but I am not sure that I can physically become 50% larger over the next three months. And that is the other scary thing, I still have three more months to go! That is one third of the pregnancy...Wow, this is depressing, I think I am going to go eat some chocolate.

2 comments:

sara said...

Oh shoot, I never did measure my circumference! Don't know why I ever thought of that... but I did keep good track of my weight, weekly, with each pregnancy. It is absolutely amazing, isn't it, how our bodies can cope with carrying babies? I am sure yours will do just fine!

Cory said...

I love you Kristina - even if you are larger in circumference weekly! I hope the chocolate helps, it does me! I am amazed at the strength and capacity of our bodies - talking of trials and blessings from those trials, children are perfect example!!