Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Inside this brain...

‎60 watt Type A lightbulb?!? Seriously do they have type B as well. Do type A's have a harsh light that gets everywhere, shows up on time, etc? Do B's only come on when they feel like it, a gentle influence, and everyone likes them even though they don't always get the job done?


Well, I posted this to Facebook to show my shock at this.  I recently was trying to replace all the burned out light bulbs in my house.  It seems we have different bulbs for each room.  In our bathrooms we have the round bulbs - 4 bathrooms - 20 light bulbs.  Then you can add in the nightlights in our house - only 4 we use, although we have more like 6 or 7 - but we were short replacement lights for a while - picked up 8 replacement bulbs.  Then on top that we have can lights, ceiling fan lights, and fluorescent lights.  And then lastly, we have a lone piano light.  You know it sits on the back of the piano and you pull the chain and it lights up.  This is where my sense of frustration ended and humor started.  I read the description "‎60 watt Type A" and I had to laugh.  All I could picture was this light bulb running around pointing it's finger at people and telling them they needed to finish doing this, that, or the other.  I then thought of what a type B light bulb would then have to be like.  My laid-back light bulb, works most of the time, but don't yell when it doesn't because it won't change it a thing. The only way you are ever going to change this light bulb is by removing it and replacing it with a Type A.


Reminds me a bit of my marriage when we first got married; one of us was more type A, the other more type B.  Now time has passed and we both are more towards the middle of that spectrum, but I always giggle when my husband shows his Type A side (who knew?).


Side point - does this image look like a little man inside the bulb?  He looks like he has no arms, but I can see that he is wearing these coke-bottle thick glasses, with a hat that has a halo over that.  Just in case you needed another giggle.

No comments: