Saturday, September 24, 2011

Mommy will lava melt your eyes?

Yes, this sweet little 4 year old girl actually asked me that question. The conversation went like this:
"Mommy will lava melt your eyes?
Yes, if lava touched your eyes they would melt it. Lava will melt almost anything.
"How bout my hands?"
Yes, it would melt your hands.
"What will it do to water?"
Water?
"Yes, will it melt water?"
Well, the water will cool the lava down and turn it to rock. The lava will turn the water to steam because the lava is so hot.
"Will it melt rocks?"
Yes, lava can melt rocks.
"Could it melt my ears?"
Yep, it could melt your ears.

And with that our conversation closed with me taking a picture of her making a face about her ears melting. My children are fun to chat with, fun to hang with and I never know what we are going to talk about next.

No comments: