Sunday, May 17, 2009

Can you de-stress like you de-clutter?

Ok, this week was Jeff's final week of (Graduate) school. He graduated on Saturday morning. The amount of stress in our house seemed to bounce around much like that Atari game Pong(?). You know where the ball just keeps bouncing back and forth and you have to make it bounce off your paddle before it goes "out". I don't think we had realized how much stress both of us feel and have felt over the last year.

I wish stress was like de-cluttering, because I'd like to drop it off at Goodwill or put it out on the curb for bulk trash to pickup. We are finding ways to de-stress - we cleaned out the garage on Friday (which was a huge help - thanks Trent for helping with that). I am spending the day in bed today (my back is very sore and if I push it any harder will mean a long a difficult recovery) which is weird because it is Sunday. Jeff joked that the stress was the only thing keeping me upright and when that left, so did my back strength.

Yesterday we had a spontaneous Graduation/Birthday party for Jeff. I did not plan it well, because this last couple of weeks have been more about surviving the day than planning ahead. I wish I would have been able to contact more of Jeff's friends and such, but I wasn't. Jeff enjoyed the day and thanked me for such a fun time. (Yeah!! At least he felt it was successful!)

3 comments:

Tina said...

Great job Jeff! Way to go man. That's an awesome milestone to accomplish! Now it's time to treat the family to a well deserved vacation to St. Louis! Kristina you deserve a vacation, right? :) Okay, I guess you can go anywhere for one. I hope all is well with you guys. It seems like it's on the up and up. Good to read what's new in your lives! Love ya all!
Josh, Tina, & Nathan

Cory said...

Yea! Way to go Jeff! And Kristina!! I agree with Josh, you should go on a vacation - or just relax and see each other for a few nights in a row:) Let us know if you are coming up this way - I love seeing you and Jeff and your kids - all so fun!! Love ya!

Kristina said...

Wow, nice to be so wanted!!!
I am not sure I am up to a 10+ hour one way trip. Not much of a vacation. I am hoping to get to California to play on the beach (we have not really ever taken a vacation that did not involve Family reunion, a wedding, or Christmas) - all of which involve our extended family, so I think we may just do a short trip to the beach in California. Hopefully we can do that inexpensively, but safely. I guess we will need to get some real sand toys.
Here is to hoping.