Sunday, May 17, 2009

...slam dunk, mom!


Occasionally I feel (or have pointed out to me in this case) what a great mom I am. Don't laugh to hard, I know for me part of the purpose of this blog is to catalog the successes, and struggles, I have relating directly to being a mom. After my husband observed this interchange between my daughter and I, he gave me a big hug and told me what a great mom I am.

One afternoon AnnaLisa and I were talking about the twins (due in September) and she asked me, "Mom, will the twins have pretty red hair like MaggieMae?" I said, "I don't know what color hair they will have. Right now they don't have hair at all (AnnaLisa giggles). They could have pretty red hair like MaggieMae or pretty brown hair like you (and me)." AnnaLisa perked right up with a huge grin, only to be troubled a minute later by telling me, "Mom, I have light brown hair".

Jeff thought that was really great. For me, it was simply a reality of life, we maybe more popular in the world because of our physical traits, but that does not make us more beautiful.

1 comment:

Cory said...

I think that is part of why you are such a great Mom - you not only see and understand reality - you say it, teaching your children simply everyday. Keep it up!!