Sunday, August 29, 2010

Girl you are crazy...

I always enjoy a picture to go along with my posts, I saw this one and thought it described how I felt (I am not endorsing the company and have no idea what the company is that uses this logo). Wow, this last month has been crazy!!!! This is in part why my blog has been ignored by me, because it is something I can sacrifice to catch up later. At times like this, I feel like I am juggling fire balls...and I am not a good juggler! I will give you a brief synopsis, but each of these will get more special attention later.

What is this craziness and what happened to "once school starts things will really settle down"? Well, it started simple enough when a friend of my niece needed a place to stay for a few weeks until college started and she was able to find an apartment. We were asked if she could stay during the week (weekends were going to be at a different friends house) for a couple of weeks. Clarissa moved in with her four or five boxes of worldly possessions and her smile. She loves kids and is enjoying the opportunity to be so completely surrounded by them all the time.

This brings up the next exciting fireball of excitement...9 people living in 1600 sq feet. I know I sound spoiled when I say this (I have traveled through out the middle east where poor and small houses have a total different meaning), but we don't have enough room. For those who don't live in Arizona, you might not realize this, but summer time we Arizonians don't really go outside. Matter of fact, it is still over 100* on a daily basis. In addition to this we have two (almost) one- year old babies that require naps during the daytime which cuts down available space even more. In addition the boys have just been bouncing off the walls. Many of these factors and possibly the spirit as well, spurred Jeff into deciding it was time to go house hunting.

House hunting in this market is like going thrift store shopping for a house. It is crazy what some houses look like (seriously we have been in a few that would be better off to catch on fire, demolish, and start all over). I personally won't even give clothes to Goodwill if they have holes in them, I throw them out. That is part of the experience we have had at looking at houses.

There have been two birthdays this month, two baptisms of relatives/friends, several doctor's appointments, 6 immunizations...poor MaggieMae, and a host of other things. Did I mention that I changed my getting up time to 5:00 am instead of 6:00?

So yeah, I am feeling pretty crazy, a little stretched out (like not enough butter scraped over too much bread), and surprisingly enough very happy. Why the happy? Because while I am crazy busy, I can see how things are falling in place. I am feeling very guided on a spiritual level and things are getting back to the "old Kristina". And yes, I feel like I could wrestle a bear or even juggle fireballs...could I take a nap first though?

1 comment:

sara said...

Well there's no two ways about it; you're simply amazing. I think that every time I see you. I was thinking today at church when we were sitting behind you guys, "I wonder when the last time was that Jeff & Kristina took a vacation together." I sure hope you get to do that sometime in the next couple of years.

I hope you guys find a house; you know there's that one next door to us.... as far as I know the interior is in great shape! A great family lived there and it has sat empty since they moved out in May. Their backyard and pool are a mess from being ignored that long but that would probably be the only things to fix.