Saturday, August 7, 2010

One of the enjoyable things about vacation

It was so nice to be able to let the kids play in Grandma's family room. Grandma's house is really spacious. The kids also enjoyed toys that were new to them. For us it usually allowed us to chat with the adults in the next room while they played. There were lots of fun things to do. The kids spent most of their time playing in here.

For me this was a much needed vacation. This last year has been difficult and wearing on my heart. I needed a break and to be able to relax. This was a very refreshing vacation and it was hard to want to come back.

1 comment:

sara said...

I'm so glad it was actually a vacation for YOU; most often vacations with the kids aren't much of a vacation for the parents! But visiting with family can be very nice, especially with out-of-state in-laws who are eager to help with the kids. I always end up sleeping in late when we visit Aaron's parents in Utah!