Friday, August 6, 2010

In the top three!

This is one of my top three favorite sisters! (I think all three of my sister's have wonderful qualities). This vacation I was able to spend a few extra days with Kaylynn. She too stayed a few days after the reunion at Grandma's and Grandpa's.

We are proving here that I was never meant to be a glamor model. I am OK with that.

I really enjoyed being with my sister. We grew up 9 years apart in age, so growing up we did not really spend a whole lot of time together, but as adults we have grown close. We do a lot of things similarly and we are always encouraging each other to improve on those similar things we both struggle with. She is a courageous woman and fun to be around. She also sells these wonderful books that are lots of fun (Usborne). It was lovely to be able to get so many fun books for my kids (and us parents too!). I had not realized the variety of books and my kids (especially Andrew) are really enjoying all the knew books (we came home with two large boxes of books, one brand new and the other from Grandpa's library).


2 comments:

Cory said...

I wasn't looking to be a glamour model either there!!! I had such a good time with you too! I love you and our sisters - glad I made it in the top three!!heheh, you are so funny! I think I have Cory convicinced to come to AZ for vaca this holiday season! I wish we were closer all year but we will see what the future holds...loves and hugs, Kaylynn

Kristina said...

Well, we would love to have you join us! It will be so much fun to let the kids run around in the backyard and parks (should be around 75* in Nov). I have made turkey three times now, so I am a virtual professional (disclaimer: I have never done it on-line so when I say virtual I mean a sarcastic tone, not to really say I am that amazingly awesome). But pecan pie, yeah, I got the best recipe for that one!