Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Q.What is as much fun as giving a cat a bath? A. trying to get two young boys into a bath.




















I told the boys they needed to take a bath after dinner tonight. JJ's face shown with pure genius as he suggested Andrew and I guess at a number to decide who would take a bath first (mind you, I was not scheduled to take a bath this evening, but I figured he was playing the game that Jeff did with the boys last week to determine who got to take the first bath).
So I ask JJ: What is the number between?
JJ: between 1 and negative
Jeff (daddy): JJ, you can't do it that way...
Mom cuts in: No, honey I got this. Is it zero?
JJ shocked voice: Yes.
Then the back pedaling starts with JJ saying: Well, the person who guesses the number loses, and they don't go first. And I think we need to guess numbers again.
Mom: OK, one last time JJ.
JJ: This time the number is between 1 and 3.
Mom, giggling: OK, so if I guess the number then that means you will go get into the bath right?
At this point Mom, Dad, and a few siblings are just laughing hysterically. JJ is starting to realize that he must be missing something because he doesn't think this is funny at all. He starts to get upset.
Then dad jumps in: JJ, we think it is awesome that you are so clever that you could come up with such great guessing numbers games. Thankfully JJ accepted that and we were able to eventually get him into the tub without hurting his feelings.

Oh, and just so you know...the number for the second guess was 2.

2 comments:

sara said...

Oh man, that's so funny and cute ;)

Jeff said...

Just to be clear (and the reason I was laughing so hard), the final rules were that whoever guessed the number had to take a bath first. So guess a number between 1 and 3 - if you pick the right number, you have to take the first bath. I thought it was hysterical that JJ took a method I used to "randomly" determine something and fixed it so that he couldn't lose. I was laughing hysterically!