Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A thrilled girl, a baffled mommy



















OK, it may not look it from the expression on her face, but AnnaLisa is thrilled with the bedroom we have picked out for her and her sister. In our first house I knew we had to buy it when AnnaLisa walked into the room she now has and claimed it as her own when she was 19 months old. She saw that red carpet, and it was a keeper!

The room is mostly painted (we think the previous owner had a business that went bankrupt and had the house as collateral. They were in the midst of doing upgrades when they lost their home). We have a few rooms that need finishing and this is one of them. As you can see looking over AnnaLisa's shoulder, the square is missing the frame around the colored stripes. What do you think would make a good color for this? Come on you crafty people, I need some help! Also trying to figure out what to do with the paint line that meets in the middle, should I do a chair molding? (not sure what it is really called).

1 comment:

Danika said...

Wow - now that is a colorful room! No idea what color it should be painted (I'd have to see it in person to even have a clue) - looks like you could use most any color. But yes, I think you should do a chair rail moulding. We have done them in both houses and I love them! Maybe even do the square frames and the chair rail moulding the same color?!? My sister suggested yellow for Natalie's moulding (with pink on top and white on bottom) and I thought she was crazy, but now I love it! :)