Wednesday, January 12, 2011

AnnaLisa's 2010 ornament

I always giggle to see the kid's choices for ornaments. AnnaLisa picked a BIG blue glass ornament with blue sparkly circles on it. I am hoping this lasts, but have my doubts about it's longevity in our home.

Every year we take the kids to purchase an ornament to add to our Christmas tree. I have tried to document them as we go (permanent marker on the bottom or back, tape if nothing else is possible). This is one of our Christmas traditions. It has not been as faithful as some of our others, but I think the kids are starting to enjoy it. As for me, I think next year we will make two trips to the store. We managed to break several ornaments while in the store. There was a customer near us who calmly explained she worked there and would clean it up for us. I think we will be going back to that store again next year. I am not sure that is a blessing for them, but we try to support family friendly stores!

No comments: