Tuesday, January 11, 2011

MaggieMae knows her math skills!


We were driving home from the DMV today and Maggie pipes up from the back and asks, "Mom, does three plus three equal 6?". My eyebrows raised, "Yep it sure does. Good job Maggie". She then lifts her hands so that I can see them in the rear view mirror, she is holding three fingers up on each hand, "This is six too!". I smile and agree, then I unconsously shake my head in disbelief. I then hear her say, "It is too six mom, don't shake your head." Embarrassed I tell her, that she is right and I tried to explain why adults sometimes shake our heads when we are amazed by something.
I expect I should not be too surprised, a month ago JJ and I were making cinnamon rolls and I had a total of eight cups of flour to put in. I had measured, "one, another one..." and JJ responded back, six more to go!". JJ is just starting his second half of kindergarten. MaggieMae is almost 3 1/2 years old. Just crazy how smart my kids are.

This picture is of MaggieMae, putting her this year's ornament on the tree (It is the crystal looking snowflake).

No comments: