Saturday, January 31, 2009

Finally a good couple of days...?

Well, yesterday is the first day in over a month that I have felt "good". It seems the last month that someone is always sick and sometimes it is even me. And if I am not sick, then I am up half the night with someone who is. Friday morning I woke up feeling energized with ideas of what I wanted to accomplish (not just nearly survive) for the day. I did not do as much as I would have liked as in the back of my head came the warning "take it easy lady, don't wear yourself out just quite yet".

I guess that is one of the down side of having more than one or two kids, you can literally be on a merry-go-round of sick kids for a month or two and it will be a different kid each week.

Last night Jeff and I went out on our weekly date (which by the way is one of the best things we have done for our marriage). We went out to watch my nieces basketball game - they both play Varsity for their school. The JV is coached by my sister. The games were good. Basketball is about the only sport that I enjoy watching. I prefer girls because they seem more into it, less flashy, more real about the game.

Then this morning I again woke up feeling pretty fantastic. Jeff went off to school this morning (he has a handful of Saturday classes for his Master's program) and I decided that we were going to CLEAN to surprise daddy. Reality is that most of the cleaning I did, because I had a standard of what I wanted done. AnnaLisa and Andrew both had homework and did that while mom cleaned. It is impressive what you can do in a few hours.

This evening I ran to the store to get some random things (construction paper to make a job chart for the kids, bread pans to start making homemade bread for us, etc). Got home an hour later to Jeff, who was suppose to be doing homework, cleaning up JJ who threw up in bed (poor Police Car) and it is not looking so good for tonight. I guess I will be lucky to get a few more good days next week.

1 comment:

Danika said...

Glad you at least got a few good days in there. Wish we could afford weekly dates! Let me know if you want any help or advice with the breadmaking. I think I've finally gotten a handle on it...after 2 years!