Thursday, November 12, 2009

Children shouldn't play with matches...


AnnaLisa was not in a good mood when I assigned her to unload the dishwasher tonight. She spent the usual time avoiding the job by going to the bathroom, etc. Then she came into our room (Jeff, one of the twins and I were in our bedroom)and said, "There are some matches that I saw on the window sill and I thought that I could burn the house down, but then I thought, 'I shouldn't do that' because that would be bad. So could you put the matches away so I won't be tempted?" I sighed because I knew that she'd never touch the matches (she follows the rules way to well), but that she was trying to communicate that we should not leave matches around for small children to play with because they might burn our house down.

No comments: