Monday, November 30, 2009

A family milestone...

 

This month our oldest turned old enough to choose to be baptized. AnnaLisa has wanted to get baptized for a long time (about a year and a half). She asked for her own set of scriptures for her birthday last year and reads in them. She is a spiritually sensitive child. This is one of the events that marks our family growing up and older. I think the most shocking to me is when AnnaLisa was interviewed by the Bishop. He asked her questions about if she understood what was right and wrong. What she knew about Jesus and if she tried to be like Him and keep the commandments. He also asked about her understanding of the Prophet (one of the main tenants of the LDS faith is that the Church of Jesus Christ has been restored and currently is being led, like times of old, by a prophet whom Jesus Christ directs) Thomas S Monson.

It was amazing to hear my little girl answer these questions. She is just getting so big and is growing up too fast for her momma. All that said, the baptismal service was wonderful. Grandma Williams gave a talk on Baptism and I gave a talk on the power of the Holy Ghost in our lives. Daddy baptized her and confirmed the Gift of the Holy Ghost upon her.

She was thrilled.

Before we left to go to the church for the service, AnnaLisa's friend (and hab. worker) Adriana was braiding her hair. AnnaLisa asked her, "What if my sins get caught in my hair and don't wash away?" That just makes me smile, seeing the litteralness of her personality in her perceptions.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

sara said...

At piano last week Annalisa was telling me about her upcoming baptism. I thought it was so sweet that the thing she seemed most excited about was receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. I'm glad I was there; it was just lovely.