Friday, November 6, 2009

It all started with piano practice

 
Can you see the crib on the far side of the piano? This was where the crib has ended up. At first I thought that would be a problem with piano practice, but we have found the twins sleep right through our beautiful music - even when we are practicing the Forte portions.

Today was the second day that I tried piano practice in a different way with my kids. I played the music first and then had them practice it to see if they could match how I played it (I am not a pianist, I can read Trebile clef and had about three piano lessons in my life. The rest of any skill I might have, is the result of tinkering around). Well, the kids were actually ready for school about ten minutes early today, so I thought I would run through the lessons and practice instead of just trying to inspire. Who knows, maybe my kids taking lessons, will rub off on me. Andrew walked through the room and commented, "That sounded nice mom, good job." Cracked me up, because it is the type of comment I say to them.

Later that day I gave the youngest three baths. It was hard work (bathing the kids is the hardest on my still struggling body), but it was great to finally do it myself. MaggieMae, who was one of the ones getting bathed, saw me dressing the last baby and she said, "You did a good job" and gave me the "thumb's up" sign. Just made me giggle. I love that my kids are so complimentary - and even to me!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: