Friday, August 21, 2009

Current stats

Dilated to a loose 3, and 50% effaced. 35 1/2 weeks along. I have never "walked around" being this far along (3, 50%). In the past I was having a baby within hours of this type of news, which usually came in triage at the hospital, never the doctor's office.

Gained 5 pounds this last week (for a total of 30 pounds) - I have just been voracious. Andrew felt left out when I told him that last night I ate three dinners. Dad told him when Andrew had two babies in his tummy that he could eat three dinners too.

Told the kids at dinnertime tonight that the babies may be here sooner than we had planned. Told them the babies could come as early as tonight. Andrew was slightly distressed. He said that he wanted the babies to wait because he does not want them born "too early". There is my little 'nervous Nelly' of the family. He is so concerned about his youngest siblings - if only we could get him to use this concern for his younger brother JJ.

So, not sure when this will happen, but if you see our van drive by and us toss out the kids, we are probably on our way to the hospital.

4 comments:

Danika said...

I was a bit worried/excited when I heard our phone ring at 5:55 this morning...but alas, it was just a telemarketer. So will they do a c-section sooner than planned? Or will they try to deliver them "regular"?

sara said...

How exciting!! 30 pounds is nothing; that's very impressive! I gained 40 with my twins, who were born at 36 wks 6 days (I always just say 37 weeks). Sadly I also gained 40 pounds with Noah; no twins excuse there.

I can't wait to hear when you've had them; I'm sure everything will go well!

Kristina said...

I gained 50 pounds with my first. So it makes me laugh that I am gaining less with twins, although I am definitely bigger.
How does that work?

C-section looks definite - Rosie has not turned head down. So unless that happens C-section

Familia Fowler said...

Whoa, after reading this, I can't believe I saw you last night! How exciting!
And I agree on the weight gain, that is hardly any, and you look great!