Friday, August 7, 2009

JJ's Meet the Teacher night

 
OK, maybe this picture shows a little of JJ's mischevious side (bonus points for using a "Word Girl" vocabulary word of the day!) You have to know that JJ is holding a "Spider-man dart wrist strap" in one hand while casually wearing Daddy's Graduation hat, before Graduation on G-day, but it gets better.

Tonight we met JJ's new teacher and checked out his new school and classroom. He was shy when we first got there)those that know JJ well will have a tough time believing that JJ is shy when meeting new people and new environments). He started moving around the room while I chatted with the teacher and filled out paperwork. He was having fun investigating different areas while his sister sat down at a table and started coloring. I had just finished the paperwork to look up and see JJ struggling with a "fun mirror", one of those mirrors that is rippled to make you look like you are in a "Fun house". Thankfully it had a sturdy frame, and I was able to cue Daddy to jump across the room and help out his son. They quickly got it back on the wall, when I heard JJ mutter, "Good thing (my new) teacher did not see that!"

Mom had a different view and realized that this teacher is going to be a real good match for JJ because she did see the whole thing and calmly waited for JJ to fix the situation.

On the way out to the car, which was parked in the apartment complex next to the school, JJ was complaining about how far away the car was parked. He turned to me and said, "Where's the car? I am long thirsty and my feet hurt."

You can't blame the kid, 106 degrees outside and I think anyone would be long (very) thirsty too!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: