Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Momma's big ol' belly


33 weeks pregnant (with twins) - People tell me I look tiny, especially when they hear that I am pregnant with twins. This picture is not real good at showing it, but you can see I am "out there". While I am still "lighter than my last pregnancy", my belly is about 2-3 inches bigger (47 inches) and my measurement from top to bottom of my tummy is 9 centimeters longer (49 cm) than any of my other pregnancies.

With other pregnancies I have never had a feeling of my inside being larger than my outside and my outside having to grow to cover it. Think of "After Thanksgiving dinner on steroids". There have been about 5 different weeks that I have literally added an inch to my waist. It is amazing how my body is growing.

My mom also had twins around my age. I remember as a 10 year old kid seeing my mom's lap disappear. I recall her only having a couple of inches left on her lap to her knees. While I still have a good 5 inches or so, I have noticed that my daughter can not sit on my lap when I am sitting "Indian style" anymore, which is the only way I can sit upright without falling forward.

1 comment:

sara said...

Oh how I wish I knew about blogging when I was pregnant with mine. It's so great how you're keeping record of so many interesting details; I bet you will love looking back at this later!