Sunday, June 6, 2010

Jeff's Birthday


I have recently been going through the house getting rid of things that, well need to be gotten rid of. That brings me to Jeff. No, I don't plan on getting rid of him (although don't tell him that, I like to keep him on his toes), but many of his beloved T-shirts have holes and such and so, I throw them away. Now, he has a dearth of fun T-shirts and his birthday seemed a good time to renew his wardrobe of a few. One of his favorite cartoon characters is Marvin the Martian (a looney tunes character). Jeff does a great impression of Marvin and when we first got married he use to have a stuffed Marvin hanging from his rear view mirror. I was tickled when I went shopping for his B-day and stumbled upon this one. He also got a "Sugar Daddy" T-shirt because he is willing to spoil me with whatever I would ask for, just cause he loves me so much.

He is such a good sport. When we were planning a trip down to see the soon to be opened Gila Valley Temple, we asked if it would be OK to schedule it on his birthday (that was one of the few days left with tickets available for the tour). He was tickled with the idea of having a day off on an adventure with his family. AnnaLisa and I planned it, complete with a car picnic (packing lunch in the car to take with us) and a spontaneous stop at a dollar store to buy M&M's to share as a snack.

We love our daddy/husband. I am tickled that his favorite thing to do is spend time with our family.

No comments: