Wednesday, June 16, 2010

That would make it really dark...

Lately I have been singing 'You Are My Sunshine' to the kids. I was busy singing that to MaggieMae in the car when she responded, "That would make it really dark". To me this was out of left field. I had no idea what she was talking about until I stopped and thought about the song, the last line is a plea, "please don't take my sunshine away".

Some other fun things she has said or done lately:
*MaggieMae asked Jeff why he wore a belt. Jeff told her, "because if I didn't, my pant would fall down." MaggieMae says, "I don't need a belt, my pants stay up."

*One day we were in the post office when Maggie was trying to sooth William while I figured out the automated stamp dispenser. I heard her saying to William, "I like you. William Heavenly Father sent me you." This is when I noticed that she was trying to sing him one of my usual lullabies - Mother I Love you with a child's name substituted in for the word Mother.

Sometimes it is hard to remember this cutie is still only 2. She has a great sense of humor and talks on a level much higher than her peers. She will come in and ask me things like, "Mom, I was thinking that we should make some cookies." She also makes comments like, "Mom, you are so funny" when I make jokes.

My little girl is a quick favorite of most people she runs into, she just has such a vibrancy about her that makes her fun to hang out with. She loves to help out in any activity that she can. To me she is a sheer delight and really is "my sunshine" and with out her it would make it really dark in our family!

No comments: