Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Where is your happy place?

I am giving 9 month old (gasp) Rosie a bath and it occurs to me that this is her happy place. Then I think to myself that would make a wonderful summer activity, teaching the kids about what a happy place is and where theirs are. I think that I will need to teach a few of them that while the beach or Grandma/pa's house are good happy places, we need to create one here where we are, so we can use it when we need it.

It use to be that in front of the computer was a happy place for me. I loved reaching beyond my house into the world around me to blog, Facebook, email, etc with people. After a while I have found that to be hollow. While you can have a fun exchange with old friends or catch up, it really is not a happy place.

So now I turn to me and I wonder where my happy places are? They have surely changed over the years - not so much the DisneyLand mentality (although that is a fun place). I realize that some of my happy places are quietly reading my scriptures, snuggled in bed talking to with my husband, and getting a massage. It occurs to me that while these are all good happy places, I am thinking watching Rosie in the bathtub that maybe some of my other happy places are with my kids in their happy places.

1 comment:

Danika said...

My happy place is still in front of my computer. Shouldn't be, but it is. It's my "union break!" :)