Thursday, June 10, 2010

Monkey boy William



It is difficult to tell in one photo, so you have to see both of these, he is actually holding on to the book with his hands and his feet. He loves to hold things this way. It always makes me giggle and grab a camera because I think it is so cute. He is definitely my only child to do this. Jeff laughs as well, but he is laughing at me as well as William. You see Jeff never met someone who could pick up as many things with her feet as I can. It all started when I was at a pool and wanted to play the grab the coin off the bottom of the pool after you throw it in. There was one Cardinal rule in our family when it came to pools - "Kristina is not allowed to get water in her ears". Man, I lived that one up good. I could always get my siblings in trouble when water fights would break out (in my defense, I was young and I only did it a few times). So as a result my siblings thought it was a fair adjustment to allow me to swim to the place above where the coin was and instead of diving, I would use my toes to pick up the coin. As life progressed, I found that a useful tool (especially when I was pregnant and did not want to lean over). I can often be seen picking up dirty clothes with my foot, occasionally I turn off my TV with my toe (but only when we can't find the remote). So I guess it is in the genes, but William has taken it to a whole new level. I guess we can't control what gets passed on to our children or to what degree!

1 comment:

sara said...

What a cute picture! I'm totally the same way; especially with twins I remember lots of times when I'd be holding both of them and then pick up a shirt off the floor and toss it into the dirty clothes with my toes. Very convenient! :)