Friday, June 11, 2010

Teething X's twins

Our twins, William in particular, are very cooperative eaters. William when he wants to eat, will happily open his mouth and wait patiently for you to put food in. RosiLee, will open her mouth as well, but she is not as patient as her brother. When I am at home alone (with no other adult, I am never alone at home, the other 4 children roam around while I feed the twins), I feed both of them at the same time alternating bites. RosiLee will be this patient, but that is about it.

Well, the last month or two, we have been dealing with the twins teething. Rosie has cut 7 teeth and William 2 teeth. This has meant that we have had fussy, whiny babies, which you have to be super careful with because if you bump their gums...well, just don't do it. People always think that having twins is tough, which it certainly is harder than one baby, but it is times like this when I totally agree with the random people I meet who seem to feel the need to let me know how overwhelmed I must be all the time. At times like this I just look at the cute pictures and try to smile my way through it. Tomorrow is usually better and eventually all their teeth will be in.



No comments: