Friday, March 6, 2009

Double trouble?


This is MaggieMae's cousin Jade. She is visiting for a few days. Jade is about 3 months older than Maggie. It has been a lot of fun watching these two play together. At first it was a little stressful (balancing between MaggieMae's jealousy and Jade's missing her parents and me not knowing Jade well enough to predict what she needed)but now it has turned into quite enjoyable. I have figured out how to load them in the car (Maggie will wait, Jade will wonder), how to shop in a store with them (two carts are necessary, and even if some nice person offers, no strangers helping with the carts or to the car as it will set them off) and Jade has to be finished eating before I let Maggie down because Jade will immediately stop eating and insist on getting down.

My girlfriend laughed at the sight and said, "I thought the twins were not coming until the end of summer". I told her this has been real helpful to prepare me for meeting the girls needs simultaneously.

I have also been helped by Jade's older brother Isaiah (8 yr). He is staying with us too and has been a terrific helper too. All in all, this has been lots of fun.

This morning I thought I'd try putting a headband in Jade's hair to accessorize. I picked two pink ones and after I did MaggieMae's hair, Maggie grabbed one of them and put it on her head. It looks so "1980"'s, but I decided to leave it in as long as she wanted it.

2 comments:

Danika said...

Good practice for the twins!!! Though I imagine your twins will look a little more alike than those cousins...

Congrats on the bread making also. Glad it's working out for you.

Cory said...

They are sooo cute! And big!! Wow! How fun and interesting I bet!