Friday, March 27, 2009

Have you ever "Googled yourself"?

I have before and always came up with other "Kristina Park"s. Tonight I did it probably because I was thinking about 20 years since high school graduation - which drifted off to trying to track down a high school best friend - which drifted to me googling myself. For the record I did it about 4 months ago and got nothing. I did it tonight and was represented on three of the seven and was in the #1 spot. Not sure if this really means anything, but it was kind of exciting. Most of what I was noted for is the advocacy stuff we have been working on for the last 6 weeks or so.

So pondering the nostalgia for the high school days and friends brings me to the realization that it is what I am doing now that counts (at least on a google search). I'd still like to see old friends, but I am so thankful that here where I am in life is exactly where I want to be and what makes me the happiest.

As a side note, if anyone knows of a reputable place to track down classmates or high school reunions, I'd like to hear about it. I thought I found "the" place, paid my $10. and they had no info. There are about 6 other classmates listed on there, but not any close friends and no reunion info. It was interesting to me that most of them still live in Delaware (one made it all the way to North Carolina), most of them don't seem to be married or have any kids. Sort of sad to me. Twenty years is a long time to be without a family. Most of the people I went to school with seemed to value success more than family. I guess I probably did at that time too (I was a teenager after all) but I know I figured I would grow up and have a family. It took considerably longer than I expected, but I am thrilled with my selection (husband) and results (children and let's not forget the soon-to-be twins!!!).

3 comments:

Danika said...

From what I've heard Facebook is the best place to track down people now. I haven't joined yet....I've heard it's quite addicting and I don't need to spend any more time in front of the computer!

Kristina said...

Yeah, I haven't joined Facebook for that same reason.

Unknown said...

facebook honestly isnt that addicting...i find it quite annoying that it nearly stalks people for you so you dont have to do it. I keep my info to a minimum of what i want or even care about people to know. It is a great place to connect with old school mates though. Ive found quite a few of my own old classmates through there as well as myspace. Myspace seems to be geared toward the younger generation though in my opinion but hey my dad uses myspace so you might be able to find classmates through there lol