Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Rambling?


So my life has been extremely busy with the Arizona budget crisis/cuts to Early Intervention (which I may explain in another post) but I have been letting my kids watch a little more TV than normal, making those super simple 5 minute meals, and the like to try and keep up on being a mom as well as an Early Intervention advocate. On Tuesday, I came out of back-to-back meetings (3 1/2 hours) and had to "vent" all the frustrating and exciting things that are happening to Jeff. Well after about 10 minutes of me just spewing out all this random (although connected in my mind and day), I apologized for rambling. - I guess that word popped in my mind because yesterday the kids were watching Word Girl (a PBS show) and the word for the day was "rambling". Jeff just laughed at me. He then told me this story:

This morning at breakfast JJ was talking about something, bouncing from one area to the next, when AnnaLisa turned to him and said, "JJ stop rambling". JJ stopped talking. Just about had Jeff falling off his chair.

So I guess that just shows how powerful TV is, not only did my kids carry it over to the next day at breakfast, but I carried it over too, -and I was in the next room cooking dinner!

2 comments:

Danika said...

Brandon has started commenting and asking questions about phrases in the music lyrics that he hears over the speakers in the back seat. Scary how much they pick up from stuff, isn't it? And I've learned that all Disney music is not appropriate...

Familia Fowler said...

We LOVE PBS! Good ole standby.