Thursday, March 26, 2009

...what do you do when you can't fall asleep?

So what do you do when it is 11:30 at night, and you can't fall asleep? You think about how you are still out of eggs (it has been two days now), ignore it, and blog. My SIL would be so proud of me. She was the one who helped me to see how much fun this could be.

I have been sick for the last 2-3 weeks (on top of being in my first trimester). I guess I could be throwing laundry into wash (the rates are down, it is after 9) or filling the dishwasher (like usual lately, today's dishes will get done in the morning). Ah, well, I guess it is times like this that I realize I am not nearly the "slacker" homemaker that I think I am on a regular basis. Times like this help me ( and my family) see how good they usually have it.

Today I folded half the clothes in the house (literally). At least 5 baskets of clothes and piled as high as my chest of drawers. It is wonderful to get them out of here and into closets. Getting dressed in the morning will be so much easier - for the kids and Jeff. Some how the two loads of laundry that still need to be washed are - you guessed it - mine. How did that happen?

So now I have two things to feel guilty about - no eggs and still have dirty laundry that I could be washing during non-peak hours. That is the wonderful thing about motherhood - always something you can feel guilty about. But you know what, I don't. Maybe I am having a bad attitude about this, but I don't feel guilty. I am thinking I am doing pretty good with what I accomplished. Did I tell you I made cheeseburgers for the kids tonight? I can't even stand the smell, much less eat them. But the kids loved it. I made myself a nice large salad with a little breaded chicken thrown in for protein. Tried raisins too. They are yummy! No boiled eggs - still out.

2 comments:

Danika said...

Very proud of you! :) Though I wish for your sake you could be sleeping instead of blogging...

Unknown said...

lol I'm glad that I am not the only one with baskets upon baskets of clean laundry that needs to be folded and yet I still sit at the computer reading other peoples blogs of which yours I frequent to. <3