Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hungry, Hungry, Hippos

This was probably the first day of school. I, like almost all people, make resolutions to spend more time with my kids. Little brother was sleeping, which makes this an unusual selection, but the girls wanted to play it. Hungry, Hungry, Hippos is a game I remember from my childhood, although I don't remember it being so obnoxiously loud as I feel it is now. We had fun each playing our own versions. Maggie was playing what most would call the "traditional method". Rosi was having a kick loading up the "loading trays". These are where the marbles go to wait until they are released into the furry of the game. Rosi had no qualms reaching into your "captured pool" of marbles to re-stock her fun. And mom, I got to try to balance the two players and keep everyone happy. Oh, it is fun to spend a good 20 minutes playing with the girls, however I definitely needed some "mommy quiet time" afterward. It is good for them to watch movies every once in a while, right?

No comments: