Saturday, August 27, 2011

Line of Choristers

A few years ago during church, and mostly out of frustration, I started helping whichever whiny child it was on my lap to "lead" the music much the way a chorister would. They quieted down and life was a little easier. Since then I have used it on numerous children and evidently the others were watching because now all of my children enjoy "leading the music".

This is "Family Home Evening". A tradition in our family that every Monday evening we turn off the TV, close our front door, and spend it with just our family. We usually incorporate a few songs, a lesson, activity, and hopefully a dessert. We have various success with this attempt. Some nights I want to run and hide, others like this one I want to...take a picture! I love all my kids, but even for me sometimes it is a lot to deal with. Savoring these sweet moments is wonderful (and necessary-not every melt down is solved by a little music lesson).

PS A special shout out to my friend Becky who taught me in our college years how to lead music by asking me to substitute every Sunday for Sacrament meeting.

No comments: