Saturday, July 25, 2009

blanket envy

Background:
My sister-in-law replaced their queen sized bed with a king. She mentioned that she had queen sized linen that she no longer needed and asked if we needed some. We have a full size (bunk) bed that we recently purchased and while I had sheets, we were using a twin blanket for it. I decided that they were close enough in size that it would work and took her up on the offer.

The story:
During dinner I mentioned that Danika is going to come over and drop of a new (used) blanket for AnnaLisa's bed.
Andrew asks if he is getting one.
No, it is for the big bed on bottom I tell him.
He gets upset, "Why can't I get a blanket from Aunt Danika too?" I ask him, "Don't you like your dinosaur blanket and sheets?"(he worked for months to have good enough behavior to 'earn' them).
I then explained that the blankets would probably be plaid or flowery, no dinosaurs.
Andrew thought on that, then had one last request, "Can you tell Aunt Danika that if she has any dinosaur blankets she is giving away, that I would like them?

1 comment:

Danika said...

Tell Andrew I'm sorry it wasn't a blanketfor him and that if I ever have any dinosaur ones I'm getting rid of he can have first dibs!