Friday, July 17, 2009

sleep clock is off!

Here it is approaching midnight and I am wide awake. For some crazy reason I can't fall asleep before midnight and usually am only able to sleep for about 6 1/2 hours. Then I get tired a few hours later and have to take a nap.

I don't know if posts are time stamped or not, but if they are you will notice almost everyone of my post for the last two months or so have been after 10 pm. I have a theory that my sister developed about pregnancy. She believed that the "annoying" things you go through when you are pregnant (morning sickness, having to eat every two hours, not being able to eat a lot at one time, waking up a lot at night, having to pee every couple of hours, etc) were there to help you understand what being a baby is like. It may sound crazy at first, but I think that is one of the contributing factors that helps mom take care of their babies. To me it is natural to think a baby would be that hungry, that soon, and eat such a small amount. Again it is natural for me to think that babies need their diapers changed every two hours (sometimes a lot sooner, but in general).

So all of this leaves me to ponder why I can't fall asleep until midnight. I am hoping that it has nothing to do with this theory of "pregnancy preparedness".

I might also add that my husband and I have a theory about delivery that goes right along with pregnancy preparedness. I need to refine it before I blog about it, but basically the idea is the premise that the unpredictability that comes with labor/delivery are to help you realize that children are not there to be convenient or painless, but rather we are on call 24/7 and may do a bit of suffering for the privileged of parenting this child.

No comments: