Thursday, July 30, 2009

Mom, can I borrow the car?

I seriously thought this experience would not happen for another 8-9 years, but it happened yesterday.
Background: I am sitting in my nightgown on my bed, my mom is setting up the crib in my bedroom. It is around 10:20 and the kids are getting ready to go to swim lessons. A friend (Adriana, who has her own car) has been helping out with taking the kids to swim lessons will be going to take AnnaLisa(7 yrs) and Andrew (6 yrs) in a few minutes.

AnnaLisa: Mom, are you going to use the green car (full-size van we purchased and mom drove to town for us a two days ago)?
Me: No.
AnnaLisa: Grandma, do you need the green car?
Grandma (busy setting up the crib): No.
Me: AnnaLisa why do you want to know about the van? Can you ask Adriana to come here?
Adriana arrives. I ask: Did you drive today?
Adriana: Yes.
Me: Oh, AnnaLisa why were you asking about the van?
AnnaLisa: I wanted to know if Adriana could drive us to swim lessons in it.

Well, all I can say is at least they are not embarrassed by it.

1 comment:

sara said...

Congratulations! I bet you'll love having the extra space, especially going on trips & stuff.