Sunday, July 12, 2009

Our new little swimmer

 
Well, AnnaLisa is quite sure that she has "learned it all", but I remain a little reserved. Although she is now able to calmly go under the water (on purpose) and can back float. She knows several stokes and feels confident in the water. We got her two private lessons this week, with Sara's recommendation, she has practiced several times with Dad, once with Grandpa Williams and is doing great!

I finally feel that my kids will eventually learn to swim (I was starting to lose hope). It is great to have one well on her way to being a swimmer and thanks to all who were part of that process. She still needs to get the efficiency part down (she does not move very far with a lot of work) but we have a session next week and if we need it, may do some more private lessons in August.

I am sure we will have to "keep up" on her skills, but I am thrilled that she has done so well. She really needed this confidence and thrill of doing such a good job on something that has been hard for her. Now I get to walk the delicate balance of helping her feel successful, but still realizing there is much to learn. I have found that once she learns the basics of something, she thinks she knows all there is and is not as willing a learner. Oh, well, I guess life will teach her that (I know it did to me).
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

sara said...

I'm so glad! I was amazed at how far my kids came in two weeks of class instruction with Aubrie... what a difference a good teacher makes.